Decorative animals are called mini-rabbits or dwarfs. They have such a name because they weigh, on average, two or two and a half kilograms, and ordinary animals reach five or six kilograms in weight. In addition, decorative pets have many colors and different coats. Such rabbits are favorite pets of children and adults, because they give joy to each of them.
However, if you want to have an ordinary live rabbit that will not later be turned into a festive dish or a winter hat, then you can call it a decorative animal.
What determines the cost of rabbits
Ero on how much do these animals cost, may differ for several reasons:
- pet breed;
- what class does the animal belong to (pet – pet, breed – for breeding, show class – for exhibitions);
- where the individual was acquired (from hands, in the market, in a pet store or in a specialized nursery).
For these reasons, the cost of such animals can be very different. Their prices can vary quite a lot. Therefore, in order not to spend money on a pseudo-decorative rabbit, you need to get acquainted with what breeds are and how much they can cost.
Variety of breeds of decorative rabbits
The short-haired pygmy rex has a shiny, velvety coat with a variety of colors. The average weight of this animal is one and a half kilograms. Such an individual has almost no whiskers, and the ears are set close together up and back. Female rabbits of this breed are unfertile, and newborn rabbits are prone to colds and are afraid of drafts.
kukin pygmy rex color bred separately:
- the black,
- red in different shades.
Rabbits of the pygmy rex breed are very gentle creatures, they cannot stand pungent odors and loud sounds. When answering the question of how much such a cute creature can cost, it is necessary to navigate in market prices. The cost of such rabbits is different:
- without documents – 800 rubles;
- vaccinated, with documents, from the hands – 1000-3000 rubles;
- vaccinated, with documents, in a nursery – 3000-3500 rubles;
- exhibition individuals of the show class cost 4000–4600 rubles, depending on the pedigree and color.
The Japanese pygmy rabbit has an unusual coloration: it is yellow on one side and dark on the other. This coloration prevails not only on the back, but also on the muzzle. The most valuable rabbits of this breed are those that have dark and light stripes on the back, like a checkerboard. As well as animals with a light ear on the dark side of the muzzle or vice versa. The cost of such a Japanese dwarf pet will not be cheap, since the coloring very hard to keepbut even harder to fake.
How much do Japanese dwarf rabbits cost?
- in the poultry market no more than 1000–1300 rubles, however, it is possible that this is a “pseudo-Japanese”;
- with documents, vaccinated, from breeders and nurseries 3000-3500 rubles;
- animals for breeding from 3500 rubles;
- show class pets from 5000 rubles.
Fox dwarf rabbit or the dwarf fox is distinguished by its long fur, which looks like a cloak. At the same time, this breed has a very small, stocky body. Its weight reaches eight hundred grams or one and a half kilograms. Such an animal has small, beautiful, rounded, erect ears. The color of such an animal is very diverse:
- white red-eyed and blue-eyed;
- the harbor
The cost of a fox dwarf animal with vaccinations and documents will be:
- from breeders or in a nursery about 2000 rubles;
- high-bred from 2500 rubles;
- elite from 3000-3500 rubles.
Dwarf fox without documents will be much cheaper
The Angora rabbit is round in shape, like a hedgehog, only with fluffy, richly colored fur that can be as long as twenty centimeters. The weight of such an animal reaches one and a half kilograms.
Such a pet can cost:
- elite from 6000 rubles;
- breed class 3500-5500, depending on the data;
- pet class with documents and vaccinations 2000-3000 rubles.
This breed is distinguished by unusual tenderness, although very aggressive individuals can be caught. To avoid this, it is better to purchase such animals in nurseries.
One of the rare breeds of decorative rabbits is the dwarf moth. This breed got its name due to the fact that it has a scorched color – black with fiery red. The fur of such an animal is soft and shimmers. Dark spots highlight the tummy, chest and ears. The dwarf moth weighs no more than three kilograms.
Such a breed will cost:
- in the poultry market 700–1200 rubles;
- in the nursery: pet class 2000 rubles, breed class 2500–4000 rubles, exhibition show class from 4000 rubles.
Colored dwarf pet is a mixture of Polish red-eyed and wild rabbit. Thanks to this, the short-haired colored dwarf animal became the owner of a cylindrical stocky body with many colors. The weight of such an animal reaches one or one and a half kilograms.
How much will a colored dwarf rabbit cost?
- with documents, from hands, pet and breed classes – 2000–4000 rubles;
- elite pets from 4000 rubles;
- in the poultry market 1500-1800 rubles.
A special type of decorative rabbits are dwarf lions, because this breed is divided into subspecies such as the Angora lion and the Lion’s head.
angora lion lives up to its name, its coat is incredibly long, which even covers the ears. Such an animal even has a bang that falls into his eyes. It weighs about one and a half kilograms.
The lion head is a miniature lion. He has a chic mane around his head and short erect ears. Such an animal weighs one kilogram six hundred grams. How much does a rabbit of this breed cost?
Lion dwarf rabbits – This is one of the most expensive breeds:
- from hands without documents and vaccinations, any subspecies can be purchased for 1000 or 1500 rubles;
- from breeders with veterinary documents – 1500-3000 rubles;
- in the nursery you will be asked from 3000 to 5500 rubles, depending on the class.
A very popular breed is the Dutch Dwarf Rabbit. This is a smaller copy of a large relative. Bicolor animal, one of the colors of which is white. This is a unique breed. The weight of such an animal can reach half or one and a half kilograms.
The price for this beauty varies. from 1000 to 8000 rubles:
- in the poultry market without documents and vaccinations – 1000 rubles;
- from hands, with documents 2000–3000 rubles;
- pet and breed classes breeders offer from 4000 to 8000 rubles.
If you want to buy such a rabbit with a pedigree, you will have to pay even more.
What do you need to keep an animal in an apartment?
Before purchasing such a pet, make sure you have information on how to care for it. If you are purchasing a decorative animal for your child, then before that, buy him a book on the rules for caring for these animals, then the child will have to pass a kind of exam, and only after that choose a breed your future pet.
You can buy a live rabbit not only in the nursery or in the bird market, but even on the Internet. Moreover, this resource can offer you to purchase a fluffy animal not only from your hands, but also from eminent breeders. Prices, as you can see from the article, are very diverse. However, do not be afraid to pay more, because this is a guarantee that the rabbits were properly cared for, all the necessary vaccinations were made, and the documents are not fake.