Other names: Shiba-ken , small Japanese dog , Japanese dwarf , Shiba
The Shiba Inu is an adorable dog with plush fur and a wayward temperament. Being the owner of such a pet is not easy, but if you win his respect and trust, you will get a lot of pleasure from communicating with an intelligent and inquisitive friend.
Characteristics of Shiba Inu
|vanus||12–14 aastat vana|
|FCI tõurühm||Spitz and primitive breeds|
- Animals of this breed are distinguished by high intelligence and strong character.
- Shiba Inu are terrible owners, they absolutely do not like to share.
- Dogs are very clean, consciously avoid dirt, carefully lick themselves.
- Shiba Inu are difficult to train, claim to be the leader and constantly test the owner for strength.
- One person is recognized as the leader, with the rest they keep their distance.
- Puppies require early socialization, otherwise the dog is not amenable to education.
- Väldib kehakontakti, on tundlik isikliku ruumi suhtes, kaitseb seda aktiivselt.
- Sibs are very inquisitive, active, make excellent travel and sports companions.
- The Shiba Inu does not get along with kids, the breed is recommended for children over 10 years old.
Timely and proper socialization is very important in the process of raising a Shiba Inu. In its absence, the dog will not get used to people or other dogs or cats. Dogs of this breed are not playful: they prefer to watch rather than play. You can often see how Shiba Inu plunge into themselves and contemplate the world around them, like people.
These are very active and hardy dogs with a strong hunting instinct, which, without proper training and proper socialization of the pet, can bring a lot of trouble to the owner. The future owner of the Shiba Inu should love to spend time actively, because this is the only way to curb the stormy energy of the dog. These animals are very suspicious and distrustful of strangers, they will not let them into their territory, so they can be considered excellent watchmen.
The process of raising a Shiba Inu, according to the inhabitants of Japan, is similar to the art of origami. In it, in order to achieve the desired result, a person must show patience, diligence and skill, but at the same time, accuracy is also important, since even one careless movement can ruin all the work.
Shiba Inu Care
Shiba Inu is a clean breed. These dogs do not like getting their paws dirty or in puddles. Their short and dense coat is resistant to dirt, however, it must be combed periodically . Shedding occurs twice a year – in autumn and spring. At this time, you will have to comb the dog twice a day. It is also necessary to trim the overgrown hair on the paw pads.
Bathe a Shiba Inu once every six months or when an unpleasant odor appears (in case of severe pollution). Frequent washing deprives the dog’s coat and skin of their natural defense mechanisms against dirt.
Dogs of this breed have good health, but can suffer from a number of hereditary diseases. For this reason, it is necessary to carefully select breeders and check all documents of the puppy’s parents.
Shiba Inu are very active, so they are only suitable for those who lead or are ready to lead an active lifestyle. Ideal for these dogs is life in a country house with its own plot – so they can splash out the accumulated energy. If the future owner lives in the city, he should go jogging with the dog every day and devote a lot of time to outdoor activities and walks with the pet.