Koostis ja vabastamise vorm
The composition of Gamavit for dogs includes the following ingredients:
- sodium salt (sodium nucleinate) – the main active compound that is produced from yeast;
- extract from the placenta (emulsified acid hydrolyzate);
- vitamins A, B, C, E, H and others;
The drug is a translucent red odorless liquid; Sold in glass bottles of 5, 10 and 100 ml. Each vial is hermetically sealed with a rubber stopper, covered with a foil cap.
How Gamavit works
Gamavit for dogs
Sodium salt stimulates the regeneration of cells and tissues, activates the immune system, increases the content of leukocytes in the blood, and reduces the manifestation of allergies to toxins. Placental extract accelerates metabolism in damaged cells, contributing to their recovery, rapid tissue healing and strengthening of protective forces. Gamavit for dogs has the following effects on the body:
- ensures the normalization and improvement of metabolic processes in each cell;
- increases the resistance of tissues and organs to stress factors;
- enhances local and general immunity;
- increases the efficiency of the pet, gives strength and energy;
- eliminates the negative consequences of toxic conditions in case of helminthiases, poisoning, infectious diseases;
- restores damaged mucous membranes;
- improves the work of striated and smooth muscles;
- toniseerib keha.
Prophylactic administration of the drug reduces the likelihood of death of newborn puppies and weakened animals, increases physical endurance during intensive training of dogs, and nullifies the effect of stress.
Among the numerous indications for the use of Gamavit for dogs are the following:
- injuries of various origins, including postoperative;
- raske rasedus;
- weight deficit;
- lack of vitamins, anemic conditions;
- skin lesions.
Gamavit is also indicated to increase the likelihood of conception during mating, as well as in the postpartum period during difficult childbirth. Among other things, the drug is prescribed to animals during the period of food change, with intensive drug therapy, to reduce stress during travel or moving.
Dosages of Gamavit for dogs
The dosage and duration of use of the drug Gamavit depends on the purpose of the appointment, body weight and condition of the dog. According to the instructions, the tool is used as follows:
- with a bite of ixodid ticks (piroplasmosis) – 0,5 ml / kg, twice a day for 7 days;
- weakness, anemic conditions – 0,1 ml / kg twice a week for 30 days;
- after childbirth – 0,05 ml / kg 10 days before childbirth, during and after them (according to indications);
- to strengthen the body, with a deficiency of vitamins – 1 ml / kg, the frequency and duration of administration is determined by the veterinarian;
- stress – 0,1 ml / kg, administered once;
- helminthiases – 0,3 ml / kg every other day, the duration is determined by a veterinarian, additionally, simultaneous cleansing of the body with laxatives is required;
- poisoning – 0,5 ml / kg several times a day, the duration is determined by the doctor.
The drug is administered intravenously, intramuscularly or subcutaneously with an insulin syringe. Most often, an injection is made into a muscle (shoulder or buttock), but in difficult cases, intravenous drip is indicated.
NB! Gamavit should be taken only under the supervision of a veterinarian. If necessary, the dosage regimen is adjusted.
Gamavit for puppies
Weakened puppies (newborns or after illness) are allowed to take Gamavit not only in the form of injections, but also by adding to the drink (water or milk). In this case, the dosage of the drug is, on average, 0,1 ml / kg. Drinking is carried out in agreement with the veterinarian, who determines the frequency and duration of the course of treatment. Adding medicine to the drink allows you to quickly increase the defenses of the puppy’s body, accelerates development and growth, increases the chances of survival, and reduces the risk of infectious diseases and complications. This method is not suitable for adult dogs.
Vastunäidustused ja kõrvaltoimed
Gamavit has almost no contraindications. It is not recommended to use it if the dog is diagnosed with cancer, as the abundance of active biological components and vitamins can provoke tumor growth. It is also contraindicated to use the drug with individual intolerance to the ingredients.
According to studies, there are no side effects from taking Gamavit. However, judging by the reviews of the owners, in some cases the dog has negative reactions to the administration of the drug:
- aeglane pulss;
- depression, lethargy.
At the injection site, slight redness or inflammation is possible, which disappears on its own.
Recommendations for the use of Gamavit
To improve the effectiveness of treatment, it is recommended to pay attention to the following points.
- In no case should you inject the medicine if the liquid has changed color, a precipitate has appeared in it. Do not use the drug if it has been frozen or has been under direct sunlight for a long time. The same applies to violations of the tightness of the vial.
- It is necessary to ensure that the next injection of the drug is made on time, otherwise its effect may be weakened. Also, during the treatment, the recommended intervals between procedures should be observed.
- Gamavit can be combined with other drugs, such as antibacterial, antiparasitic, antiviral agents, vitamin complexes. In this case, the dosage of the drug and the duration of its administration are determined only by the veterinarian.
- The injection site must be treated with alcohol. Only new sterile syringes are taken for injection. Before drawing the solution into the syringe, it must be shaken.
- After the procedure, you need to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, even if the manipulation was carried out with gloves. In case of contact with the skin or mucous membranes, rinse thoroughly with running water.
Although Gamavit for dogs can be purchased without a prescription, its use requires a mandatory prior consultation with a veterinarian to assess the condition of the pet and draw up the correct treatment regimen. Self-administration of the drug can lead to complications.
How to store the drug
The temperature regime recommended for storage is from +2 ˚С to +25 ˚С; freezing and high temperatures are unacceptable. The storage place must be protected from sunlight, out of the reach of children. Unopened vials are good for 2 years, and unopened can be stored for a month.
Gamavit: cost and analogues
The price of Gamavit for dogs depends on the packaging:
- 5 ml – about 70 rubles;
- 10 ml – about 120 rubles;
- 100 ml – about 900 rubles.
Some other drugs for the treatment of animals have similar immunomodulatory properties. Analogues of Gamavit are: Maksidin, Ronko Leikin, Gamavit forte, Aminovital, Vitam, Placentol. They strengthen the immune system, have regenerative and protective properties, and help to increase stress resistance.
On the net you can find different reviews about the drug for dogs Gamavit. Some experts believe that it is of little help in the treatment of serious diseases. However, most veterinarians, as well as owners and breeders, note a significant improvement in the well-being of animals after undergoing a course of treatment, especially when the product is used correctly.